Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Out of Focus

I want to take this opportunity for introducing myself to the Blog-o-sphere. I am a 22 year old from Michigan who just recently received a Bachelors in Business Administration with dual management majors. I have had two months to sit and watch the news everyday and night while searching for my new career. And I, like a sponge have been soaking up frustration for the last 2 months reading and listening to how ridiculous this world has become. And like a full sponge, I cannot contain anymore information without letting some out first.

Lets be honest, we all know it's not like the world was perfect 2 months ago, but in my world I chose not to acknowledge it. These two months have allowed me to wake up and smell the CO 2 and finally realizing that everything was not alright. For those of you who are suffering from selective sight, let's just say because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not happening.

But in today's society it's more important to ask "Hey did you watch the Monday Night Football game last night?" in stead of asking "What do you thing we should do about Lake Lanier in Georgia?" We have simply lost focus on the necessary priorities in society. Quite frankly, I think it's sad that we live in a country that would rather watch the Victoria Secret fashion show, instead of watching Fox News, CNN, or CNBC. Don't get me wrong, I love the angels just as much as the next guy. But the fact of the matter is, these angels can't stop help us solve Global warming, or disappearing lakes.

The world has been effortlessly pushed into the back of a dark closet. If nobody talks about the problems, then there is obviously, no problem right? WRONG! This is the problem with us humans, if we don't see it, it's not there. Instead we wait until the problem is so evident, that mother nation no longer feels sorry for us and lets herself go like a marriage gone wrong, and we're to blame.

The fact of the matter is, the Artic poles are shrinking and the "Tropic Zone" is expanding, which is prone to long periods of drought and long periods of rain. Hmmm...Georgia are you listening. And while the Poles are melting, lakes are drying up, animals are becoming threatened...we worry about the next American Idol.

Wake up people!, one person cannot make a difference, but 1 person times 100 million can make a good dent. Turn the lights of while watching TV at night...remember there's nothing to be afraid of in the dark because you can't see it right. In the winter time, turn the heat down and put that sweatshirt and those sweat pants on. In the summer, only turn the air on in rooms you sleep in....it's good to sweat anyways. And lets get one thing strait, I'm not saying the shows I mentioned are bad, but lets get our priorities strait....or we'll be know as Generation Now What!?

No comments: